Apple TV Review
Apple TV is Apple’s alternative to your traditional cable box. Offering the most popular services, such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, the best in MLB and NBA sports, and a vast selection of HD choices, the service has much to offer. For just under $100, you get access to a la carte viewing from some of the biggest providers in entertainment.
What We Liked
- iCloud integration means you can access your TV shows, movies, photos, and music from all of your Apple products
- A la carte viewing from a variety of services
- Plays the video files you own and streams from other Apple devices wirelessly
- Rent new releases from the iTunes Store; paid subscriptions for your favorite shows
- Excellent HD quality and availability
- Easy installation and setup
- A small size that lends well to portability
What We Didn’t Like:
- Limited streaming content available
What Content is Available?
- Your iTunes content
- Services such as Netflix, Hulu Plus, NHL, NBA, and MLB subscriptions
- Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo, and internet radio stations
- Does not work with the popular Hulu and Amazon Instant Video subscription services
Who Is This Recommended For?
- Owners of other Apple products
- If you enjoy using Amazon Instant Video, then this isn’t the product for you
- Apple TV retails for $99
- A TV with an available HDMI port (the HDMI cable is not included with the device and you’ll need an HD TV to enjoy the HD content)
- Wireless network or ethernet cable to access internet
[Image Credits: Apple]