Cinema Now Review
Best Buy’s Cinema Now allows users to purchase all of their favorite television content at great low rates. Cinema Now is a service that allow users to browse through their search engine to find the hot and fresh content that they want. Users can then download the television episode right to their computers. Once the users have purchased their content they can watch it as many times as they want and copy it to various computers in their homes. Users can connect a S- video jack from their computers to their televisions to enjoy their content on their TVs. If users have an online streaming service like Play On they can stream the content to their living rooms. Users can start watching their purchased content while it downloads. Movies can also be rented and downloaded to own from Cinema Now.
What We Liked
- Affordability – Users can download movies and television shows at rates as low as two dollars each. There are not any monthly service fees with Cinema Now.
- Download Time – Television shows can be downloaded in as little as an hour depending on your internet connection speed.
- Available Content – All of your favorite shows from Warner Bros Studios, Fox, and many other networks is available for users to purchase. Regardless of what your favorite television genre is Cinema Now has got you covered. Users can also rent and own movies as well.
What We Didn’t Like
- Required Space For Downloads – Each television show that you download can take as much as a half of a gig of memory. This is a real pain for users who lack a lot of memory and power in their computers.
- Not Available On iPods or PSPs – Cinema Now content or the Cinema Now software is not currently supported on the iPod or the PSP.
- High Speed Connection Required – you need a connection speed of at least 1.5 Mbps.
What Hardware Is This Available On?
- Desktop and laptop computers
- Internet ready Blu Ray Players
- Gaming Consoles (Playstation 3, Xbox)
- Streaming media players (Sony Streaming Player, WD TV Live, NeoTV)
- Select Smart TVs
- Select home theater systems
Who Is This Recommended For?
- Anyone who loves television programming and wants access to their favorite shows at a cheap rate.
- Anyone who is tired of overpaying for cable.
- Those who want to rent or purchase movies from the comfort of their own home
- Typical cost per television episode is around two dollars a pop
- No monthly service or service fees apply
- Movie rentals are usually under five dollars. The cost to own a movie varies.
- High speed internet access
- Computer that meets minimum requirements of Cinema Now