Hulu Plus Review
Hulu Plus is the paid internet TV subscription that Hulu offers for $7.99 a month. Basically Hulu Plus is, well, Hulu plus the added benefits of more content, multiple device access, and added video quality. And as for those who do not know what Hulu is, Hulu is an internet TV provider, which lets subscribers watch movies and television shows on-demand online. How does a Hulu Plus rate against Hulu’s free offering?
- Lots of content. Hulu Plus expands on the already formidable content of Hulu by offering all the episodes of the current season of popular shows (Hulu only offers up to five recent episodes of the current season). Also, Hulu Plus provides many movies and TV shows not available in the free version
- More ways to watch. You can watch Hulu Plus on your computer the same way you can with Hulu, but you also enjoy Hulu Plus on smart-TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, smartphones, Roku, the Kindle Fire, some Blu-ray players, and more. If you like to watch content on the go, Hulu Plus is definitely worth it
- Watch in HD. Hulu Plus also lets you watch your shows and movies in High Definition when it’s available. A very welcome feature when you plan on enjoying your favorite program on your HD TVs and other HD devices
- Hulu Desktop & Hulu Social. These are available with Hulu as well, but if you would rather watch from an application than your web browser, you’ll love Hulu Desktop (it works with computer remotes). Hulu Social allows you to watch Hulu on Facebook, see what your friends are watching, and comment on specific moment
What We Didn’t Like:
- Commercials. Advertisements still interrupt your viewing time, although not as much as with the free version of Hulu. Hulu says it uses the ads to keep the subscription price low, but it would be nice to have an ad-free option available.
What hardware is this available on?
- Hulu Plus can be enjoyed on a lot of devices like Smart TVs, Apple TV, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Roku, Wii, WD TV Live, the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Blu-ray players, the Kindle Fire, and a lot more—for the full list see: http://www.hulu.com/plus/devices
Who is this Recommended For?
- People who want to watch shows and movies on a mobile device and in HD
- TV lovers who watch all episodes of the current and even past seasons
- Anyone who want fewer ads
- $7.99 per month – cancel anytime
- Offers free trial before you pay
- Different requirements for each device, see: http://www.hulu.com/support/article/197541
- For streaming in standard definition, a 1 Mbps bandwidth connection is recommended; for HD, a 3 Mbps connection
Watch Hulu’s guided tour of Hulu Plus right here!
[Image Credits: Hulu]