Micca Mplay HD Review
The Micca Mplay HD 1080p digital media player is a stand-alone device that can be connected to the TV. This enables the viewer to select videos, photos or music with the help of a flash memory card or by connecting up to a USB port. The convenient size and low noise levels increase the enjoyment of content from various media and viewing on the device can be adjusted using an IR remote with a full range of controls. This small matte black device has a solid feel and cannot suddenly slip out of the hands.
The Micca Mplay can be connected to the TV just as easily as a DVD player and is capable of playing a wider range of video and audio formats than other available devices. The wide range of formats supported by the Micca Mplay is one of its main distinguishing features from other media players of this type. A full range of media content can be enjoyed without the need for a computer or DVD player. This media player can recognize all formats and produce good audio and video quality.
The media library has a powerful and convenient search facility that helps you quickly find the videos you want. As an alternative to this search function there is a file browser feature for those who are not sure what they want to select. The playback functions are similar to those on DVD players and the device can supply background music as appropriate, for example when photos are being displayed. For spoken media a subtitle option can be selected.
What We Liked
- Easy to handle and connect to any TV with audio/video ports
- Ultra-portability makes it easy to take your content with you wherever you go
- Supports a wide range of file formats
- High quality audio and video
- Useful search function and the easy to use browser
What We Didn’t Like
- Some users report issues with the remote control if it is more than three meters away from the device or if it is not pointed precisely
- Some of the interface’s icons are not explained in the manual and it would be useful if the manual gave more complete explanations of the functions
- TVs, HDTVs, and home theater systems
- The cost is reasonable compared to the cost of DVD players and of other media players